Christmas fun or claims to come?
6 of the most common claims around Christmas
Christmas is fun and a jolly time when people have their hopes up for the upcoming year. Yet, did you know that December is one of the busiest months of the year for theft, accidents and fires claims? Here are some of the most common claims that come up after Christmas celebrations.
- Cracked TVs, knocked over while customers were putting up or taking down Christmas decorations.
- Candle calamities, with candle centerpieces burning dining tables, flames setting fire to Christmas decorations and wax spilled on carpets.
- Christmas party mishaps where possessions were lost or stolen while celebrating. Popular items included mobile phones, jewelry and watches.
- Items accidentally thrown out with discarded wrapping paper. Lost possessions included glasses, earrings and hearing aids.
- Ceilings damaged while retrieving Christmas decorations from lofts.
- Fairy lights caused fires when they over-heated.